Monday, November 8, 2010

Three Out Of Five

I don't know if you'd understand the metaphor behind the title i gave this topic just by reading it, however, there is a slightest of chance of you really understanding it, if you have a older sibling. But, understanding the title right now isn't important....... but i surely hope to justify it by the end of this post.

This post is dedicated to my older sibling. My bro.

I was sitting, hoping for the journey to end soon, when i saw two little boys running up and down in the aisle of train. As soon as the small one falls and gets upset, the older one comes back, picks him up and takes him along with him. And the little one did it a couple of times and i knew it was intentional because as they say "been there done that".

It reminded me of the days when we used to play together. It’s been a really long time since that happened last time. We both are huge fans of cricket, but I now when I think about it, feels as if he induced it into me. However, I really thank him for that because after all the game has become a big part of my life.

I don’t have any huge or life changing memories of me and my bro but I do remember a lot of small ones like the day he banged the bike into a pillar when I was sitting behind and hurt really bad. Like the days when our parents used to leave us alone at home and I used to sit/lie and watch cartoons whole day and he used to do all the chores.

Whenever there was something which couldn’t be divided equally ..... I was the one to get 3 out of 5. May be its something all older sibling do or may be not but this is something I learned from him.

No wonder I grew up to be spoiled but that’s cause I always knew that I have someone to look back to. Some one I can always fall back on. I know I may have taken him and still taking him a lot granted but I’m trying to improve and trying to be independent.

Hope to be the guy he can always fall back on.
blog comments powered by Disqus
 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. shine-on design by Nurudin Jauhari . and Published on Free Templates