Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Comet Ikeya-Seki - Wordless Wednesday (NOT)





Hello All,

Today, its science day. I was going through the newspaper in the morning when i came across the news about Comet Ikeya-Seki and today is its 44th anniversary, since the day it was first seen. Comet Ikeya-Seki is also know as the The Great Comet of 1965.

When i was a kid, i was so fascinated by the stars and sky and moon. I wanted to know and learn so much about them all. I remember when i was in 6th Standard, and my big brother was in 8th standard, i used to read my brother's science book cause it had a few chapters about astronomy and i couldn't wait to reach the 8th class and then read it. Internet was not an option at that time....or not an affordable option for me at that time. My facination towards them was one of the primary reason of becoming an Engineer. However, i lost the path and now working in software industry.

Leaving all that behind, back to Comet Ikeya-Seki. It was discovered by Kaoru Ikeya and Tsutomu Seki, independently. I have read that it was one of the brightest of all time. Well not all time cause scientists were not able to go so back in to the history, but yes it was the brightest in the last 1000 years. Now that's an amazing fact. It was so bright on that day that it was visible in the daytime next to the SUN. Man, that must have been some shine. Awesome...and Legen- wait for it- dary.

Sorry for adding the Barney Stinson. I think i'm watching too much of How i met your mother.


Happy Wordless Wednesday people......well not wordless for me.

\,,,/




blog comments powered by Disqus
 

Copyright 2007 All Right Reserved. shine-on design by Nurudin Jauhari . and Published on Free Templates